Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Japan :)

I got to see two different ports in Japan, Kobe and Yokohama. The leaves were changing colors which was beautiful, and overall both cities were very nice! I spent all of my time in Kobe staying with a nearby family on a homestay visit. My family was very friendly and sweet, they had a one year old daughter named Yuki who was very cute :) I got to bike to a huge park in the area where we played on the playground (yay!) and then enjoyed a picnic with LOTS of sushi… which was  pretty good actually, though I think I prefer my food to be cooked :) It was a nice time.

After our time in Kobe we had a day off while we traveled in between Kobe and Yokohama. Do you realize that we have not had any days off since this trip began? No weekends or anything- we are either traveling or having classes. So I finally had a chance to play some guitar and relax… Needless to say, I enjoyed my day :-D

When we arrived in Yokohama my friend Kristene and I wandered around the city for a while… we found Chinatown, ice cream and a nice park :) I got to ride one of the world’s largest Ferris Wheels, visit the Ramen Museum, find a 100 Yen store (like a dollar store) and do a lot of people watching. It was a great time! It was so nice to be walking around, it was so beautiful out...

So now I am back on the ship until Thanksgiving! It is weird to think that now we are starting on our trip home. Lots (and lots!) of work to be done by then! :) And I will try to get some pictures up sometime as well! I hope that you are all doing well and are enjoying the Fall weather! I will be home soon and look forward to seeing you all! :-D

love and hugs,

-Bethany

 

No comments: